Friday, May 8, 2009

Mom and Dad are the last to know...

When Mom picked up Seth from preschool yesterday, he was literally jumping up and down saying, "tomorrow is my birthday." Mom tried to quietly explain to him that his birthday isn't until June. He grabbed Mom's arm and dragged her to the class calendar shouting, "LOOK AT THE CALENDAR MOM!" Sure enough, a big picture of Seth's head was stuck to May 8 with velcro. His teacher interceded for him and explained that tomorrow is his unbirthday at school. Since he has a summer birthday, he gets to celebrate tomorrow.

Mom thought that sounded good and they left. As they drove down the road, Seth asked, "what kind of cake did you make for me to take to my friends tomorrow Mom?" He didn't get the fact that Mom found out ten minutes ago it was his birthday. We went to Walmart and got the supplies to make Diego cupcakes.

Today he's at preschool. As he describes, "I get to wear a crown with my picture on the front but not tell anybody what to do, eat cupcakes, get a prize from the birthday box, and give my friends treats." Life couldn't be any more exciting than that.

No comments: