Monday, November 10, 2008

Seriously, Mom has 3 kids and should have known better...

I'm exhausted. I had to miss my nap this morning. I've had a minor rash for a couple weeks. Mom and Dad first thought it was diaper rash. Then it was on my thighs, and they thought my clothes were rubbing on my legs or something. Well, this morning the back of my legs was red and puffy. It appeared to Mom to be a bad case of something???
Mom immediately called the Pediatrician. She could have taken me to the Physician Assistant at the clinic a mile from our house, but she decided I needed to see a Pediatrician for my ailment. She drove 50 miles roundtrip, spent $25 on the copay, and put aside everything else she needed to be doing like cleaning the toilets or e-mailing notes of encouragement to her slacking students.
The diagnosis....... dry skin. Yep, I have dry skin. The prescription... lotion. The doctor said she could put a little cortizone cream on it also so it doesn't itch. Well, I'm finally getting my nap. I hope to be better soon.


No comments: